
Calvin: Isn't it strange that evolution would give us a sense of humour? When you think about it,its weird that we have a physiological response to Absurdity.We Laugh at it,We Like it,We think its Funny.Don't you think its odd that we Appreciate Absurdity..? Why would we develop that way?How does it benefit us?
Hobbes: I suppose if we couldn't laugh at things that Don't make much sense,we couldn't React to a lot of Life.
Calvin: (After a pause) I don't know if that's funny or really scary...
And then I thought how comedy and life are intertwined.Whether advocated by some profound theologian or the instances one sees in real life. These two quotes by Gilda Radner about life and laughter I came across, are highly pertinent.The second one may be something out of a stand up comedians bible,but doesn't each one have the ability to spread and share a few laughs..
Now I've learned that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it. Delicious ambiguity.
Comedy is very controlling - you are making people laugh. It is there in the phrase 'making people laugh.' You feel completely in control when you hear a wave of laughter coming back at you that you have caused.
I remembered a conversation with a dear bum chum which took place several years ago, in the middle of Kodaikanal lake.Our discussion focusing on life, perceptions, dreams,fears.And the importance to look at the lighter side of all things.
“Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective: an awareness that some things are really important, others not; and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs.”Christopher Morley.
So I resumed dwelling over the events and happenings taking place around me.Points to be noted, realizations. Of deterrent and hopeful wisps of memories and musings.Patience and pragmatism.Dealing with situations either which way they turn out.Cheerful resignation of events beyond ones control without adopting a fatalistic attitude.
“All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" according to Havelock Ellis makes much sense.
While not trying to propagate any armchair philosophy,this quote from her gtalk status surfaced..“But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?” Albert Camus.
No comments:
Post a Comment