Friday, July 10, 2009

Healthy hydration :)

I have recently joined the organic bandwagon.I try to incorporate the principle in as many food and food products as feasible ,based on their existence,availability and pricing.The husband and I have upped our intake of fruit and vegetable portions,pulses,non-fat or low-fat dairy products, antioxidant rich fruit juices, whole grain ,fiber rich bread/tortillas to name a few.And exercising of course - for that dose of endorphins,serotonins whilst balancing unfavorable sodium,lactic acid and LDL levels.After all,you are what you eat and I count myself a firm believer of that adagial concept.

I have never been a fan of aerated drinks.Which is a shame of sorts,since the US encourages every individual to drink mega sized gallons, accompanied with liberalized cost,wide availability and unhealthy incentives such as unlimited refill and size upgrade.So what does a person interested in healthier alternatives do ,to fight the propaganda of Coke and competitors..? I opt for the range of functional fruit juices and enhanced waters available,slowly gaining popularity, in the interest of fighting the obesity epidemic.

Fuze Slenderize is one such product.Low sugar,low calorie,enriched with nutrients.Its available in flavors such as strawberry melon,dragonfruit lime etc.My favourite is tangerine grapefruit and it totals all of 10 calories for the 240 ml serving size.It contains Chromium(an essential micronutrient helps in energy metabolism)),Vitamin C,L-carnitine( a protein enhancing performance and muscsle activity) and SuperCitrimax(a patented appetite suppressant extracted from a south Asian fruit Garcenia cambogia;helps curb appetite and relieve hunger pangs))
Similarly your regular icetea can be replaced with Fuze Black&Green Tea fortified with vitamins and natural tea antioxidants with the antioxidant capacity of 3 servings of brocolli!They contain polyphenols(potent antioxidants with varied benefits such as anti-carcinogenic properties), Vitamins C,E and B complex.They have the right amount of refreshing quality and sweetness to curb the sugar cravings apart from delivering health benefits.
There is no replacement for normal water when thirsty,but if you are in the mood for tasteful hydration then Vitaminwater fits the bill.Manufactured by Glaceau,they offer over ten different types of the same for targeted hydration.I tried the multi-V and tranquilo and found them to my liking.Consisting of over 5 vitamins,calcium,folic acid and minerals such as magnesium and zinc,its quite a beverage.

So long then,drink responsibly and hydrate responsibly.And wait for my next post on yogurts.Prost!:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm....sound eerily like your work at F&S.... :P

Identiti said...

lol..u bet. This is what i would have loved to write in those darned reports instead of revenue piecharts and market share break-ups.