So my first market insight was published on my company's website.I thought it was an interesting read about yogurt shots(sans alcohol) with functional benefits, which also support weight loss.I thoroughly researched the functional yogurt markets worldwide and specifically for Europe which is my assigned region.I delved extensively into the new product developments and was quite happy at the overall outcome of my article.
There are widely held misconceptions about food science and technology.Its not related to hospitality.Nor hotel management.And food tasting or rather Sensory Evaluation is just a part of it.The area which most excites me is New product development and technical research tracking emerging technologies.It includes products appearing on supermarket shelves or breakthrough health ingredients for fortification and enrichment.
OK,I will stop with the jargon already.In my defense it was just the passion pouring forth :P I would really like to work some day, with the likes of Danisco or Chris Hansen in their state-of-the-art labs.If not Cadbury's or Hershey's would do just fine :P.So coming back to Nestle Sveltesse Iogurte Saciante .It is a satiating drinking yogurt with probiotics ,fiber and is fat-free.The fiber and the ingredient makes one feel full and avoid unnecessary snacking.Multiple benefits anyone!?
One thing which really sucks though is that none of these products ever make an appearance in Indian supermarkets or speciality stores.Thank god the luxury of travel and the fact that the father has numerous business trips to Europe makes some things accessible :)
Of course I understand that there probably isn't a market or a large enough customer base for such products in India. Where one needs to fight for day-to-day sustenance and survival premiumly priced exotic products would definitely take a back-seat.But does that mean we should be excluded from knowing and experiencing whats out there.Should we be deprived of functional food novelty already existing as mainstream products in other countries..
No comments:
Post a Comment