It has been two years.I don't think I have had that level of hectic activity as the one preceding my departure to Melbourne.So I was supposed to be all set.Except that I wasn't.For starters my visa arrived a week later from when classes had already started at University.I started 2 weeks late on my course.Uneasiness.
It began with elections in Chennai delaying Madras University results.Helplessness.More delay for getting the academic transcripts from University of Madras. Patience with gritted teeth.Bribing the guy who sits at the register so that he wont ask me to come back later, for the 5th time.Annoyance.Applying for my visa really late due to prior lack of these documents.Tension.
I dint have my passport till the afternoon of the day my flight tickets were booked.Stress.I was packed to my neck with pressure cooker,winter clothes,masalas and more.I was palpitating as I really dint know till 4.00 pm that day whether I would board the flight at 12.00 pm ,on the same night.Stupid public holiday in Delhi causing a delay in the visa stamping procedure and infuriating courier time-lapses.A lot more stress, tension, temperance.
As you would have gathered I did board the flight :) Business class et all courtesy Star Alliance points.I did get my masters degree :). I did complete my Masters thesis and graduated with distinction.And most importantly I did have the most awesome time at the Land Down Under. So they say all's well that ends well.. :D
1 comment:
Lol ! I rememeber this day...you were freaked out as usual :) and it all turned out fine in the end
Post a Comment