Saturday, November 29, 2008

Coz you're there for me too...:)

It was a rainy day,the skies were a distressing gray and the overall atmosphere was dominated by gloom.In other words it was a day to savour a bad mood or go into a depressive overdrive.I reminisced instead as I thought of the old friends who have stuck by me through excessively rough times,shared a great deal of laughter and tears.Of course,my family gets the most credit for that,but more on that later.Some of them are married now with kids, some have moved across continents in their pursuits of higher education and careers.

I miss all those times of having hung out at the beach, the terraces and pizza parlours.I miss the infinite gossip and bitching sessions accompanied with oreos and ice cream.I miss the countless sleep-overs with who-went-out-with-who and who-did-what inane conversations interspersed with unending fits of giggles.I miss the hours of shopping at the malls,trying out ridiculous clothes followed by watching chick flicks.I miss the cheering up-get drunk sessions after a break-up or the excited buzz and obsessive chatter of some one's new BF/GF.

I am extremely fortunate to proclaim that my relationship with most of them,though evolved over the period of time, hasn't changed in the most basic sense.Most importantly they have always been there for me during my highs and lows.Every time I correspond with them,be it the phone,email or in person-I am ecstatic of having the experience of picking up where we left it the last time.I realize that this fact makes me incredibly happy and I am genuinely grateful of having the pleasure of these relationships.I am equally proud of being there for them throughout their life's charades and problems.

I had grown up hearing that one rarely makes as good friends as those from their childhood days spent playing hide-n-seek, cycling or at school.I never honestly believed that and thought one can always make new friends at any time. I accept that did happen,but there always was a certain amount of reservation no matter what the circumstance,time or place.Of course I probably became a lot more jaded and cynical myself and never truly let anyone get as close.Which makes the above tribunal acknowledgment just that little bit more poignant.
Here's to all of you who never failed to put a smile on my face..:)

2 comments:

Priya said...

Am gonna include myself in the list.. :) I must've put atleast one teeny weeny smile on ur face ;)

-SP-

Identiti said...

of course u did! *hugs*