Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reef Song


Warning: The following is not an attempt at actual poetry.Nor is it a song.Maybe a rhythmic alliterative expression of sorts,if you like.:P

That magical place
Where the sky is clear,
And the sun strong in my eyes,
The ocean shimmering with turquoise reefs.

Of myriad fishes and sea cucumbers.
Rainbow colored coral as big as trees
There exists another world,
Under the seas, that I hadn’t seen.

The ocean is deep,
And the reefs pop out,
In pretty shapes , they dot the surface
Browning the otherwise sapphire scene.

With goggles on I take the plunge
And come face to face with the fish,
A turtle passes by,startling me
As I float in this colourful dream.

I navigate through the endless line
Of coral,in the submarine
I view their grandeur from above
As I fly over the Coral Sea

I am filled with awe over such beauty
The reefs rising up, over 30 kms vertically,
Their expanse over sheer nautical miles
Sure boggles me.

I found a place which scored
on scenic wonderment and activity
At many levels, it set me free and charged my batteries
Oh I want to go back again!
To explore the great barrier reef.