I wasn't a problem child and nor was I a tragic adolescent.I can safely say compared to some of my friend's horror stories of unrelenting rebelliousness,I made my transition through puberty almost a smooth ride for both parents.Nevertheless I had my share of arguments with them be it over going out all the time,staying out late,taking the car,some of the people in the friends circle,dressing etc
Then came the dating,the long telephone conversations and mood swings ,constantly supplemented with arguments about misunderstood identity and choices and how I always knew what exactly it is that I am doing.I have renewed respect for my mom who took it all with impressive calm while scanning and looking out for me the entire time.She shared stories and advise, patiently listened to what everyone else was up to, endured my whining and comforted me through uneven times.She was even the mediator between father daughter explosive exchanges.She never once faltered or loosened the leash of unseen balance between shielding her daughter and letting her have fun at the same time.The father on the other hand,was always my hero and I truly admire him for everything that he has done for all of us, and the exceptional way that he has raised me.Though I failed to see the sheer protectiveness of all his actions at the time, today I am glad that it was the discipline and safety he was trying to enforce by those manoeuvres and grounding that I lashed out against.I owe them for the level headed,responsible individual that I am today.
I have never underestimated the powerful support only a family can provide and the unconditional love that only one's own family is capable of. I have grown up..to say the least and its about time.I am no longer under unrealistic illusions about love or live.There comes a time when I suppose every one of us has to face it, learn and accept the way things really are and the way the world runs.Sometimes its the hard way.Its at times like these where I truly understand the magnitude of debt I am under.The volume of my dependency and their incessant support.The comfort I seek in spite of the fact that big girls don't cry.The amount I owe,without a doubt ,willingly to them.
So before the bawling begins...I love you both the most <3
2 comments:
lovely :) just lovely
I really loved this one. It made me cry and miss home more than ever.
Post a Comment