Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day--In--Hyphens

I woke up--a glass of milk--went to the gym--got ready for work--had dosa and sambhar for breakfast--yum!--reached work at 9 25--started off with checking work emails--replied to the important ones--stared at the screen--thought of a weekend break at the Maldives--logged into Gmail--said a few lines to someone who I haven't seen in a while--started secondaries--stared at the screen some more--imagined running in lush,wide open fields that very moment-- coffee break at the 4Th floor--made calls--scheduled appointments--some more secondaries--writing reports--thought about a lovely spa in Bali I saw over the Internet--answered my manager's queries--scheduled power cut--fantasized about taking off on a long drive--back to reality:darkened workplace--sigh--met up with colleagues on the floor-- lunch and small talk-- felt sleepy--got my ipod out--in vain,as I felt drowsy nevertheless--worked some more as per changed deadlines--yet again stared at the screen--pondered on why i haven't yet got around to sky-diving--more writing--3 o clock masala tea break--more browsing,writing,reading,editing--waiting for 6 pm--home sweet home...whew.
Definitely a far cry from Uni life.Disillusionment? No.But experiencing being officially chained to a life of monotony.Unnerving.The recession and total absence of jobs in the market doesn't help one bit :-/ so much for corporate triumphs.Hmph.

No comments: