Tuesday, February 3, 2009

GOD OF SMALL THINGS

I walk in to the chamber. The air is comfortably cool and crisp.The temperature is just right.Subdued lighting and polished chrome upholstery.I walk up to the bar while mentally deciding on my choice. Heels clicking on invisible ebony marble.

I look up to see a disarming smile behind the mahogany counter.I am asked politely but with a definite hint of challenge to try his signature cocktail. I accept the sleek glass of martini. Clutching the sparkling crystal,I make my way through tables and entwined couples. I survey my plush confines,tipping the gleaming red and gold liquid lightly.

The cranberry explodes at the base of my throat. The chartreuse overwhelms my palate with its slightly acrid taste. The vodka diffuses a luxurious warmth which courses through my limbs.Tinkling chandelier above. A whiff of Dior.Sprinkled stardust on navy silk. Burgundy silver gleaming against my neck. Black diamonds at my ear lobes. Enclosed in great company.Relaxation seeping through. Echoes of soft laughter. Stripping away my troubles.I stop finding reasons to be happy.Analytical grey cells strolling to a pleasant halt.Whirls of elation.Spiralling contentment.The Doors playing especially for me, the remixed crescendo This is the end…

The bar tender sure knew what he was talking about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess you just took contemporary vodka drinking to the next level with this!! Bet this would have helped you overcome all the rough times you must have had evident from your previous postings on the blog!! Maybe you could come up with a similar article on wine drinking!! Wot say??